Costa Mesa Confidential
Image default
Community Editor's Picks Safety

Convicted Killer Captured by DA Spitzer’s Task Force

19-year-old Ike Nicholas Souzer had escaped from a halfway house he was assigned to stay at.

A 19-year-old convicted killer was captured by the Orange County District Attorney’s AB 109 Task Force after escaping from a halfway house he was assigned to. Ike Nicholas Souzer was convicted at the age of 13 for fatally stabbing his mother in May 2017. The OC DA tracked him down in under one week. 

The OC DA’s Office called Souzer both “violent and dangerous.” Prosecutors say Souzer was also convicted of attacking three correctional officers last December. 

OCDA Todd Spitzer announced that Souzer was detained and arrested in Anaheim, Spitzer said Souzer was caught at a homeless encampment. 

Souzer was previously ordered to wear an electronic monitor until his sentence expired on July 9, 2023. 

This was not the first time Souzer has fled from authorities, as he had escaped from his juvenile detention center in 2019. Souzer’s sister says that he “needs help.”

“He has gone through a lot,” Berlin Souzer said. “Mental and physical abuse.”

Witnesses to the arrest are grateful for the OC DA’s unit for quickly apprehending him.

“Someone like that is off the streets, so it feels better to be out and about,” said Renee Tovar.

Related posts

Costa Mesa’s Cannabis Compromise: Fewer Shops, Looser Restrictions

Costa Mesa Confidential

Mesa Verde Plaza Owner Challenging Costa Mesa’s Approval of Cannabis Retail Shop

Costa Mesa Confidential

Protesters Oppose Dredging Project in Newport Beach

Costa Mesa Confidential